Thursday, September 2, 2010

Around the House. Part 2.

(Click on Title to see Part 1).
House.
House and newly  painted archway.
House.
House.
House.
House.
House.
House.
House.
Our plants.
As you may know, Andrew and I are always finding new ways to improve our house and make it our own, not drastically, but in small doses that are relatively low in price and easy to do ourselves, the biggest thing being paint. Painting is so easy, and can completely change the look and feel of an entire room. Over the past year of owning our place, we've painted multiple areas including the doors, the "office", the bathroom, the fridge (chalkboard), some pieces of furniture and most recently the fire-place and the archway. I am most thrilled about the orange archway, because it adds this subtle punch of color that our house really lacked before, it makes me feel energized and happy every time I see it, and it was simple to do! I also tried a new method where I edged the trim myself using a small paintbrush, instead of using painter's tape, giving me more control and accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment